The unit is the technical hub of the Service. It emcompasses the Project, Industries, Estates and Inmates Technical Training & Education.
The unit performs the following roles among others:
- Design Residential, office & Prison Infrastructures
- Construct, retrofit, rehabilitate building
- Introduce new technology into Prisons structure.
- Establish and run enterprises that produces quality products and services.
- Engage the inmate in productive works that will reduce their idleness, help defray cost of incarceration, instil work habits, etc
- Generate revenue to make the Service self-sufficient.
- Takes inventory of all landed properties, furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Survey and document all Prison lands.
- Run a maintenance schedules to keep Prison properties in good working conditions.
Vocational & Technical Skills Training for Inmates
- Training inmates in various vocational and technical programmes.
- Collaborate with National Vocational & Technical Institute (NVTI) for testing and certification of trainees.
- Prepare training materials for the training of the inmates.