The Procurement Unit is mandated to facilitate, effective and efficient procurement of logistics of the service in areas such as Works, Goods and Service.
There are bodies that assist the unit to function effectively and these are Accounts Department, Stores, Technical Unit, Audit Unit, Public Procurement Authority (PPA), Central Tender Review Board (CTRB), Ministerial Tender Review Board, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of the Interior’s Treasury, Controller and Accountant General and AESL .
The unit performs the following roles among others:
- Sourcing of suppliers
- Assist in the development of specifications for items to be procured.
- Assist in the preparation of Tender document
- Assist in the award of Contract
- Ensures delivery of item to specification.
- Ensures that payment for goods supplied is made