The Medical Officer’s roles are no exception. They provide immediate medical assistance for the service, treating casualties and caring for officers on operational duties.
The unit performs the following roles among others:
- Provide immediate medical assistance to all officers and their dependents
- Provide medical supports for inmates in prison custody
- Provide medical cover for service organized sporting events
- Create health awareness in the prison community
- Management of all health facilities in all the prisons establishments