HO CENTRAL PRISON
The prison was established around 1948. The Prison was one of the four/4 Prisons in the then Togoland Territory under united Kingdom Trusteeship and was treated as an integral part of the prison system of the then Gold Coast. The Prison was established to cater for offenders who we convicted for various offences in the Region. It was classified as a Local Prison and for that matter kept prisoners serving sentences of less than two/2 years only. The prison was upgraded to a Central Prison when the Ghana Prison Service became autonomous in 1964. The Prison is located at the heart of the Ho Bankoe opposite the Municipal Hospital. The perimeter wall is made of stones with razor on top of the walls. It is sited on 4.147 acre land. It shares wall with the female prison on the West, the workshop block and quarters block C on the east. The categories of prisoners are Convicts Prisoners, Remand Prisoners, Trial Prisoners and Lodgers
KPANDO LOCAL PRISON
The Kpando Local Prison was established between 1900-1919, when the administration of the British Togoland was in the hands of the Germans. Though the German and British colonial administrator were the brain behind the establishment of Kpando Prison, some traditional personalities also contributed immensely to release land to the Gold Coast Government. The prison is located on a hill called Kpando Todzi in the Kpando Township on the way to Torkor. The prison has a total land size of 17.52acres and this covers the prison yard, primary and junior high school block and barracks. The categories of inmates are first offenders, recidivists, remands and debtors.
KETE KRACHI LOCAL PRISON
In the year 1911, the leader of the German merchants Lieutenant Kitel in collaboration with the then Omanhene, Nana Nerder I constructed a very fortified Prison close to the Volta River in an area called Krachikrom where he kept people who offended or broke rules. After the struggle for colonial authority in 1914, the German Merchants left Kete-Krachi handing over Administration and properties including the Prison to the British. The Prison remained under British control until 1957 when Ghana gained independence. With the commencement of construction of the Akosombo Dam in 1962, it became imperative that approximately 700 villages and towns along the cause of the Volta River be relocated. This affected the Kete-Krachi town hence the krachi Prison. The then CPP Government decided not to abandon the idea of keeping a Prison in Krachi and thus negotiated for the release of a parcel of land hitherto called Nyameama village from the then Omanhene, Nana Bedumgya II for construction of the new Prison which commenced in 1964 and was commissioned in 1965. The entire property covers an area of 10.07acres, out of this the prison covers 4acres, the barracks 0.29acres leaving a bare land 5.78acres. The categories of prisoners are lifers, recidivists, first offenders and remands.